Standort: Warszawa (job posting), Poland
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales is a global leader in the field of providing security systems for surface transport, airspace, defense operations and electronic transactions. In the field of rail transport, Thales is one of the leading suppliers of railway automation systems and a leader in the implementation of ETCS by providing automation of railway traffic control while maintaining the maximum safety of transport, passengers and goods. In Poland, Thales effectively supports the development of rail networks as a leader in the field of railway automation and develops new areas of business by offering technologically advanced solutions for the army, the aviation industry, transport, telecommunications and the public sector.
- Develop and deliver the contracts management strategy for the project and provide strategic advice to the General Project Manager
- Proactive overall contract management of the Contract as well as relevant subcontracts;
- Day-to-day contract management of the project, including but not limited to preparation and submission claims, defence against claims, contract amendments, variations orders,
- Provide contract clarification and interpretation to the project team
- Provide strategic advice to Project Management
- Draft and negotiate agreements with internal and external subcontractors and suppliers, including ensuring appropriate flow-down of the Customer’s requirements.
- Represent the project in meetings and negotiations regarding contractual issues with the customer, consortium partner or other (sub-)suppliers
- Liaise with Legal Team regarding any legal reviews/input as required.
Education and Skills:
- Education equivalent of master with a Business school degree with a developed technical awareness or Engineering Degree or Law School Degree with a high commercial orientation
- At least 10 years of relevant contract management experience, preferably from the Railway industry or similar large and long term infrastructure projects
- Good knowledge and experience of FIDIC contracts or comparable standards and Polish Public Procurement and Contracts Laws, used in the Transportation sector
- The ability to interpret efficiently and in timely manner complex contracts and agreements in a risk environment with tight deadlines and under the pressure
- Good understanding of project, schedule and risk management impacts to anticipate forthcoming items requiring particular contract management attention
- Ability to work independently
- Good negotiator
- Command of office tools for contract and change management
- Excellent written and and spoken command of the Polish and English language, as working language in Thales is English
We offer a challenging position in an international company located in attractive offices in the centre of Warsaw (although travelling to the other locations such as Lublin and Garwolin might be required). You will be part of a professional working environment with career opportunities. Competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!