Location: Vienna, Austria
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
Software Developer - Java (f/m)
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Support the creation-process of requirements based on customer workshops
- Create use cases in cooperation with our customer
- Create well-founded effort estimations
- Define and create data models and corresponding design documents
- Implementation and testing of functions
- Create JUnit-Tests
- Technical documentation
- Cooperation with testers and support for troubleshooting
- Assistance in customer acceptance tests
- Java-IDE (Eclipse)
- Java: Swing, Hibernate, Spring, Design-Pattern
- Use Cases
- JUnit Tests
- Process-driven workflows (waterfall model, V-model, CMMI, ...)
- Quality-Assurance-Tools (Checkstyle, Findbug, PMD; CPD, …)
- Linux and Windows
- Revision control systems (preferably Subversion)
- Bug-Reporting-Tools (preferably JIRA, ClearQuest)
- Ability of interdisciplinary thinking
- Customer-focused thinking, Team spirit
- Full time employment contract with competitive remuneration based on skills and experience.
The statutory minimum wage with 1 year experience for this position is 35.000-- g.p.a.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Job Ticket.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!