Location: Vienna, Austria
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
As part of the product development team for route control you support application design and modernization towards cloud ready and reusable components.
- Development and optimization of railway product infrastructures in public and on-premises cloud environments with strong focus on security requirements
- Support development teams in cloud native application developments
- Support development teams in build, test, release and deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Support operational teams in reliability site engineering issues
- Working in a world-wide international team and in cooperation with other Thales units
- Collaboration in a distributed agile team
- Technical Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years of relevant experience and technical know-how on
- Cloud and virtualization technologies (KVM, OpenStack, Kubernetes, AWS EC2 or similar)
- Scripting of automation processes around CI/CD (Python, Bash, Ruby, …)
- Linux experience and container technologies
- Developer knowledge (12 Factor Apps, Spring Boot, Quarkus, …)
- Security aspects and challenges
- Experience working in an international context (multi unit/multi site) is an advantage
- Experience in agile methodology is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and a good level of German
- Innovative, adaptable and customer-oriented team player
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport (Station Handelskai) and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- Note according to §9 Abs. 2 GlBG: The statutory minimum salary is 35.252 g.pa. Actual compensation may include a significant overpayment in accordance with experience and qualification.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!