Location: Vienna, Austria
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for an:
Agile Coach / Lead of Agile Transformation (f/m)
You are responsible for the implementation and the continuous improvement of the lean and agile principles, as well as the skill management for the whole engineering organization of Thales Austria. You implement lean and agile principles within the field of safety critical, complex distributed embedded systems and act also as a coach and support the development teams. In this role you are reporting to the Head of Engineering Discipline.
- Manage constant improvement e.g. in processes, efficiency, performance management in alignment with engineering department managers
- Initiate an Engineering Performance Plan to increase efficiency with the focus on Agile and Lean principles and setups
- Train, coach and support our development teams in introducing and optimizing system development with agile methods
- Provide guidance and support for skill-, competence- and workload-management for the Engineering organization of more than 100 people
- Pragmatically align for specific needs of Safety and Validation, Project and Product Management
- Optimize process implementation and best practice sharing within a number of teams in close alignment with Quality organization and other international peer Development Centers
- Ensure that the periodical reporting is set-up in alignment with the project management office
- Evaluate and support tool introduction and concepts for continuous integration and performance monitoring
- 5 years’ experience in the agile software engineering domain including management experience
- Completed academic education with strong technical background (preferably university level)
- Substantial knowledge of
- software engineering in Agile (SCRUM) development
- Project management principles and practices
- Experience in software development in an industrial sector (f. ex. railways, automotive, telecom, process control or similar)
- Knowledge of safety critical systems, especially rail signaling systems would be beneficial
- Fluency in English and a good level of German
- Ability to work, communicate and interface effectively in an intercultural environment
- Competitive remuneration depending on skills and experience, starting at 60,000 g.p.a. We may provide a significant overpayment in accordance with the level of experience and qualification.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!