Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
For Thales Belgium ( Tubize site) we are currently looking for a Test Engineer in the avionics department, who will report to the Head of Test Engineering.
The Test Engineer will participate in producing test solutions and performing qualification & development testing of communication systems and associated equipment to meet customer requirements.
The test engineer will be the link between the hardware department and production/test department.
- Design and develop board and system level automated test fixtures and procedures for communication systems and subassemblies
- Design mechanical test fixture
- Provide interface between engineering and other departments during the effort of transitioning new products from the design phase to the production phase
- Develop manufacturing test processes from concept to Production including determination of test equipment, including board level test
- Create and maintain accurate test documentation
- Testway Express - analyse schematic & PCB before production phase
- Generate Flying probes programs (TAKAYA) & JTAG.
- Training will be provided if necessary for Testway Express, Flying probe …
- Maintain the functionality of the test environment for the duration of the product life
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in test engineering environment
- The candidate should be fluent in English and French or Dutch
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to design test fixtures (mechanical and electrical) which interface the test equipment to the unit under test
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit
- Understanding of fabrication techniques and limitations
- Windows systems
- Microsoft office (Word, VISIO, Excel)
- Versatility and flexibility
- Rigorousness, commitment and accountability, ability to take and meet commitments
- Team spirit and communication skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!