Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
THALES Group is a worldwide actor and a technological leader for safety and security in two main domains that are Defense and Security on one side, and Aerospace and Transportation on the other side. The Group employs 80.000 people in 68 countries, being a key actor for the security of people and goods, infrastructure and nations.
For its activities, Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a:
As System Administrator, you maintain both the Cyberlab (a unique Cyber infrastructure for awareness creation, training and simulation) and the Engineering Tooling infrastructures in operational and secure conditions.
- Install, configure and manage software and hardware (network servers and workstations);
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution;
- Test locally new software releases before deployment;
- Set up accounts;
- Monitor the system daily and record, track and resolve security or usability concerns;
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls;
- Develop expertise to train staff on tools and technologies;
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and policies;
- Interface with IS/IT department.
You will report to Thales Belgium’s Head of Engineering.
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering or IT Administration (between 1 and 3 years of experience);
- Linux SysAdmin (CentOS/RedHat + Debian), ideally as Red Hat Certified Administrator;
- Basic IP Network knowledge (ideally CCNA equivalent) including firewall / VPN;
- Experience with some programming/scripting languages (python, bash, etc.);
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMWare ESXi, QEMU/KVM) and orchestration tools (Puppet);
- Familiarity with monitoring tools (Icinga/Nagios)
- Basic knowledge of development tools used by Thales (JIRA, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory)
- Proactive, well-organized and autonomous;
- Team player;
- Eager to learn;
- Fluent in French or Dutch And English
If you are looking for:
- The solidity of a large Group
- The agility of a human-sized structure
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
If you defend values such as company spirit, sense of responsibility, ethics, creativity and teamwork;
Thales Belgium can be your partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!