Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a:
Digital Hardware Development Engineer
Thales Belgium Hardware Engineering Group – Competence center – is responsible for R&D activities related to radios HF band (1.5 to 30 MHz) equipment as well as aeronautical and tactical vehicle calculators that contribute to the Thales Group portfolio. As such, this Department leads the work for Architecture, Research and Development, integration, validation, qualification and industrialization of Thales HF tactical products.
In this context, the Digital Hardware Development Engineer will work on the developments of digital HW components integrating processors and their environment, as well as programmable components FPGA type.
He or she will conduct work related to Architecture, R&D, IVVQ cycle and industrialization of these products.
- Conduct upstream studies of new technologies in his/her area of expertise;
- Understand and analyse the customer’s needs and bring state of the art expertise for his/her field of expertise;
- Define the technical proposals for the developments as well as the specifications and associated quotes and schedules;
- In charge of the technical documentation (High Level Design, Low Level Design, Configuration Documents, User Manuals, Testing plan);
- Simulate and update filtering and amplifier audio lines drivers.
- Take the lead of the IVVQ (Integration, Verification, Validation, and Qualification) and industrialisation activities required to develop a solution achieving customer satisfaction and respecting time and budget constraints.
- Civil or Industrial engineer in electronics-telecommunication or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in digital hardware development
- The candidate should be fluent in English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of digital electronic techniques
- Participate in the definition of requirements, CONOPs and architecture for future systems
- Experience in low-power digital design
- Knowledge of signal processing theory and applications
- Proficient in signal processing algorithm design and embedded DSP development
- Use knowledge and understanding of radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.) in support of projects and Senior Technical staff activities
- Architect and implement FPGA solutions for wideband signal collection and processing system
- Develop architectural approaches to enable future adaptation of FPGA signal processing solutions to new signal type
- Familiarity with Avionics standards (such as DO-160F, DO-178B, DO-254, …) is a plus
- Abstract mental capacity and a wide interest in technology. Innovative, creative and avid learner
- Autonomy, sense of initiative and leadership
- Versatility and flexibility
- Rigorousness, commitment and accountability, ability to take and meet commitments
- Team spirit, listening and communication skills
If you are looking for:
- The solidity of a large Group
- The agility of a human-sized structure
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
If you defend values such as company spirit, sense of responsibility, ethics, creativity and teamwork;
Thales Belgium can be your partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!