Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
For its activities, Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a:
DevOps Engineer (QA/Test Automation Lead)
You play a key role in helping the Software department raise and maintain quality level of our deliverables, and maturity of the department itself.
- You lead test automation efforts and provide guidance on testing approach for current and new projects;
- You participate in test plan discussion and definition;
- You participate in architectural and design reviews with testability in mind;
- You participate in test scenario/procedure definition;
- You translate them into scripts that run testing functions and guarantee expected code coverage;
- You escalate to the development team any identified quality problems or deviations;
- You participate in the global software validation effort, providing generated test and coverage reports to the QA team;
- You participate in the definition and tracking of quality metrics (SonarQube);
- You maintain test infrastructure operational and stable (with the help of system administrators);
- You recommend new test automation tools and processes that will improve our quality and velocity.
You will report to Thales Belgium’s Head of Software.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Software Engineering (3+ years of experience);
- Linux proficiency (CentOS/RedHat + Debian);
- Solid and proven experience in software testing and automation: unit testing, integration testing, validation testing, endurance/stress testing, performance testing…;
- Python black belt;
- Knowledge of shell scripting;
- Knowledge of existing testing frameworks (Robot Framework, BDD framework such as Cucumber…);
- Knowledge of application software tools used by Thales (JIRA, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Maven);
- Knowledge of embedded software tools used by Thales (Yocto, Meson, Clang, QEMU…) is an asset, but not mandatory
- Ideally, experience in testing complex software-based solutions (large distributed systems, embedded software) ;
- Strong interest for software quality;
- You feel ready to work concurrently on several projects which can be very different in nature;
- Proactive and autonomous, you like to take initiatives;
- Rigorous and well-organized;
- Team player;
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset
If you are looking for:
- The solidity of a large Group
- The agility of a human-sized structure
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
If you defend values such as company spirit, sense of responsibility, ethics, creativity and teamwork;
Thales Belgium can be your partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!