Location: Madrid Tres Cantos, Spain
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures. Thales Alenia Space and Telespazio form the two parent companies' “Space Alliance”, which offers a complete range of services and solutions. Because of its unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments, Thales Alenia Space is the natural partner to countries that want to expand their space program. The company posted consolidated revenues of 2.1 billion euros in 2015, and has 7,500 employees in eight countries. www.thalesaleniaspace.com
Position Summary – Key responsibilities and principle tasks
The successful candidate will work in an agile and highly innovative environment and will participate in international projects. The tasks will include:
• Lead the development of software components for space ground segment solutions.
• Participate in integration and testing of the software products, seeing the process through from beginning to end.
• Collaborate with our software architects to define and deploy best practices within the team.
• Functional analysis of systems to capture software requirements
• Take the leadership of its own software activities on cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Help the team to achieve the sprint objectives and contribute with his/her own work.
• Collaborate with new technologies research.
• Preparation of the software related documentation (in English)
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Education & Qualifications
Degree in software engineering, telecommunication engineering, aerospace engineering, double degree in computer science and mathematics or other similar technical discipline. Advanced degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience would be a plus.
Skills and ideal experience
We would like to find a proactive, highly experienced software developer with strong hands-on programming and designing skills and background on agile methodologies (preferably scrum).
You feel comfortable showing mature tradeoffs and making decisions. You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole, including working with legacy code.
We expect you’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done. Our technology stack is mainly composed by the following technologies:
Java SE/EE 8, Python, Angular, Docker, Cucumber, Selenium, Node.JS, Tensorflow, Keras, Apache Spark, MySQL.
Interest in complex software solutions for deep learning, big data analytics will be considered a plus.
All your additional experience in cyber security will be positively evaluated.
• Enjoys developing and performing through teamwork, and promoting improvements and change.
• Ability to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment.
• Responsible, pragmatic, results oriented, agile and dynamic.
• Willing to face challenges
• Ability and motivation to learn new technologies, processes and tools, and to propose new solutions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!