Location: Sydney, Australia
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
The Shipwright is essential for our day to day dock operations within our site to provide extensive trade skills within the group. In addition, they will support our Platform Services business within a multi resources team operation in various environments.
Great chance for someone with general labour skills to advance their career by working in the only dedicated dock team on the East Coast.
- Willingness to undertake multi skilled activities in all aspects of ship repair.
- Undertake docking and undocking of large to small vessels.
- Set-up Docking cradle for vessels both large and small.
- Hands on experience of cutting in water lines and draft marks.
- Sparse travel to other sites to help support additional needs in flux.
- All appropriate trade qualification papers
- Able to read drawings and line off
- General experience in working within either a naval or industrial environment
- Experience in operating power tools
Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visithttp://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!