Location: Sydney, Australia
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About the role:
The Technical and Weapons team is responsible for providing Repair, Maintenance & Technical support to Defence in the areas of Major and Minor Fleet unitsand support services located in WA, including specific Marine, Electronic & Weapon systems across all Naval Services and platforms. The Ordnance Technician is responsible for conducting the Series Inspection requirements and the Naval Ordnance Work under the direction of the Senior Ordnance Supervisor.
- Provide Depot Level and Field Engineering services primarily for the Naval Weapons Systems installed in RAN vessels and Establishments.
- Provide guidance to junior technical staff, other trades and contractors involved in the installation, commissioning and testing activities associated with weapons electronic systems installed locally and at remote stations.
- Assist and advise customers, both internal and external, with technical issues and provide rational and sustainable resolutions
- Undertake minor projects and tasks including the technical direction, estimating, scheduling and progress reporting activities associated with the project.
- Prepare technical reports and procedures in support of Above Water and Underwater Weapons Systems, Support Systems.
- Rigging/Dogmen course(s) .
- Forklift licence ( desirable).
- Drivers licence class A.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Intermediate computing skills, particularly MS Office.
- Must be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance .
- Occasional interstate travel may be required.
- Occasional Overseas travel may be required.
- Drivers Licence – Class C.
- As required, be available for weekend and shift work.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!