Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we develop the future by shaping the world around us – here and now! Passion for innovations and breakthrough technologies is what drives us ever onwards. Every day we develop smart solutions for safety-critical applications in the rail technology, aerospace, defence and security sectors.
We are the world number 1 in air traffic management and are on board where safe and efficient air traffic is a top priority. Two out of every three aircraft in the world take off and land safely using our technology. Air traffic control centres equipped by us monitor a total of around 40% of worldwide air space – and 750,000 passengers use our in-flight entertainment systems every day.
3 months internship (m/f/d) Development of a Calculation Tool (Ref.Nr. R0083721)
in the Air Traffic Management division at our headquarters in Ditzingen near Stuttgart
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
In your function as an intern (m/f/d) you will gain insights into current developments in the
field of aeronautics and space and will have the opportunity to play an active role in the topic calculation tool.
It also involves the following tasks:
As part of the internal project "Service Estimation Tool" in the area of Land Air System,
the development of a calculation tool and all required interfaces is planned.
You are responsible for:
- The specification, framing and development of a common calculation tool based on excel
- The tool documentation and description of performed developments
- The development of the interfaces required between the calculation tool and other tools used in the organization
- The collection and validation of data required to build the tool’s database
- The analysis and display of data according to defined specifications
- Define, implement and test a “user friendly” HMI
- Extracting of data from a database according to defined specifications
- Creating MS Excel Macros for data conversion
- The validation of the developed solution with concerned stakeholders
- Reporting on a regular basis to project manager on progress status
- Enrollment in a Computer Science, Business Engineering or comparable curriculum
- Good Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel
- Teamplayer and ability to work with international project partners
- Fluency in English
As a global player with projects all over the world, Thales is looking for candidates from different backgrounds and with different careers, because it’s the sheer diversity of our innovative and creative teams that drives our success – and that’s why this is also a key aspect of our personnel selection process.
Do you want to hear more about this position? The Talent Acquisition Team looks forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 32530
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at https://www.thalesgroup.com/de/career/thales-erleben
What we offer you:
At Thales, we take very good care of our people. We invest a lot in our employees’ personal and professional development and in the promotion of teams, because these are very important issues for us. This is why we founded our internal Thales University, to offer you a broad portfolio of training and further education programs. We commend performance and our attractive salary policy will impress you.
Thales Germany actively promotes and practices a policy of open dialogue and transparency. Professional equality between women and men of all nationalities, and a good work-life balance are a matter of course for us. We have created special programs to encourage diversity and reconcile work and family, helping our employees to enjoy both their family lives and their exciting challenges with Thales.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!