Location: Singapore, Singapore
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
As a Software Engineer in the Digital Factory, you are seen by the members of your team to be not only a pillar of strength but a source of motivation and inspiration as well. You should be someone who enjoys diving into the technical details of figuring out a problem and also be able to communicate the solution back to the team so that the members can learn from it. You should be someone whom loves learning new technologies and find innovative ways to apply new found knowledge and be courageous to encourage fellow team members to be like YOU and enjoy participating in all aspects of engineering activities in the factory.
• Understand the functional aspects of the delivery and constructively discuss with the Product Owner
• Responsible for the availability or a regular product increment incorporating new features
• Complete all fundamental tasks for the delivery of new functionality from Application Architecture, Design, Implementation to the tests phase (unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests)
• To implement features by defining test, develop feature and associated automated tests, including security tests and load tests if appropriate
• Write and review necessary technical documentation
• Decide and implement team level code quality standards
• Ensure that delivered code follows code quality standards
• Apply software craftsmanship best practices (tdd, clean code, peer reviews)
Skills and Knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years software experience
• Ability to convert defined user stories into working and tested code
• Has the technical Architecture skills
• Equip with general technical architecture methodology understanding (RPO, RTO, SLA, flow matrix)
• Has Database administration basics (Ex: MySQL dump, clustering models, deployment architecture) Containerization: cgroup and namespace, Docker, kubernetes, runC
• Has Agile methodology and process understanding and experience
• Has DevOps tooling user skillset in using Jira/Confluence, GIT and a CI/CD tool
• Has a continuous learning mindset and learning of new programming language paradigms
• Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across teams, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually
• Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient
If this role sounds like you or it’s a role you are interested, we’re happy and eager to meet you!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!