Location: Singapore, Singapore
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The IVVQA Manager is responsible for the completion of a set of IVVQA (Integration, Verification, Validation, Qualification and Acceptance) tasks within the committed cost, schedule, performance and quality.
The IVVQA Manager ensures, under the Systems Engineering Manager’s (SEM) delegation, the management of Integration and Testing activities within constraints provided by the Project Manager, the Architect and the Project Design Authority.
The IVVQA Manager:
- Defines the Integration and Test strategy for project solution, and records and maintains it in the Integration and Test Plan.
- Tailors the Integration and Test environment (process, practices and tools), including both for factory and site activities, according to project requirements.
- Defines, with his/her team: Integration and Test scenarios, ensures their traceability with the corresponding systems engineering artefacts – using DOORS or similar requirements management tool - and guaranties their implementation.
- Coordinates Integration and Test activities, establishes priorities and integration logical diagrams, conducts tests in factory and on site, supports acceptance as well as commissioning, analyses results and communicates them to development teams.
- Conducts all the reviews required by the process, including, but not limited to, the Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Qualification Reviews, and Final Qualification Reviews.
- Ensures that all Configuration and Change Management (CM) processes are properly followed by the Integration and Test team.
- Ensures that the Integration and Test team performs Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification to the satisfaction of all external and internal customers:
- Ensures that the Integration and Test team supports certification and acceptance to the satisfaction of all external and internal customers for both factory and site activities:
- Gather Certification evidence,
- Define and perform acceptance tests.
- Bachelor Degree level qualifications in a relevant area of Engineering or related discipline.
- Higher degree qualifications are desirable.
- Demonstrated engineering competencies required for qualification to INCOSE CSEP (or equivalent) are highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing Integration and Test Activities of system involving both hardware (IT hardware, network, video wall etc…) and multiple software component
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Integration and Test Activities
- Experience in defining the Test and Commissioning strategy for ISCS system, including SCADA software, RTU and PLC
- Have strong knowledge on supervision and system monitoring, especially for transport domain. Experience in design document review, understand the complexity of various interfaces and able to translate it to the IVVQ strategy and plan
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on leading the team on Test and Commissioning (T&C) ISCS system for MRT, LRT or Mainline, able to plan detailed T&C activities from the factory to onsite
- Experience in defining the Integration and Test platform, able to produce the design for the Integration and Test platform, implement and validate the Integration and Test platform. In addition, able to define the necessary test tool and test management tool (bug tracker, test description tracking tool, test result tracking etc…)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on dealing with IT hardware including server, storage, network and virtualization tool such as VMware, Hyper –V
- Experience troubleshooting and supports for complex system
- Experience in defining the Performance test plan, selection of performance test tool and setup performance testing environment
- Experience on management of Integration and Test activities in government-related large scale projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of technical delivery within a relevant domain.
- Work experience within a global organization.
- Experience on modern technology such as Cloud computing, container based software, Kafka, Message Queue
- Experience on Test and Commissioning both hardware and software in various system including Network, IT hardware, Mobile Devices, CCTV, Wireless devices, GIS software, Web Services, web application, mobile application,
- Membership of relevant professional organization, e.g. INCOSE, Institution of Engineers Singapore, etc.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!