Location: Singapore, Singapore
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
- Lead the conceptualization, development and implementation of AI models/techniques for the purpose of autonomous systems R&D
- Work with System Engineers and experts to gather empirical data/generate synthetic data for model development and training.
- Embed new AI models/techniques into simulation environments to model autonomous systems and their interactions with the environment under different operating scenarios.
- Develop new AI models/techniques to allow autonomous systems to learn in semi/ unsupervised manner for post-deployment performance improvement.
- Collaborate with external partners/researchers/startups for knowledge sharing and transfer.
- Analyze results and present findings to key stakeholders, both internally across Thales GBUs and externally to local customers whenever required.
- Manage AI-related work-streams for projects relating to the usage of AI for autonomous systems applications.
- Collaborate with Thales Singapore innovation ecosystem to define and implement PoCs (Proofs of Concept) and demonstrators consistently with Customer needs and potential products.
- Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science
- Over 5 years’ experience in R&D/Software Development
- Proven track record in AI R&D (e.g. publications, patents) and in AI concrete applications/ PoCs
- R&D experience in AI applications for autonomous systems is an advantage.
- Agile teamwork experience is preferred
- Technical programming skills in Tensorflow, PyTorch, Java. Exposure to OpenAI
- Good understanding of Techno-push & Customer value-pull complementary approaches
- Familiar with implementation stakes, opportunities and challenges of Digital technologies
- Willingness to learn and to communicate with experts from other technical domains in order to select the best approach to apply AI to address their requirements.
- Innovative and resilient mindset, and keen to drive R&D in new frontiers whereby prior knowledge and data may not be easily accessible.
- Team player and embrace knowledge sharing
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!