Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Within the Galileo FOC System Support for Exploitation Phase, he/she has to perform the PRS User Segment engineering activities, with particular focus on PRS Receiver tree and impacts on PRS SM/Receiver validation/qualification, with the aim to develop and maintain the PRS User Segment Baseline (as per DRL).
He will respond to System Manager and will act as Point of Contact toward Customer (GSA) coordinating the industrial team.
• To contribute to the development and maintenance the PRS User Segment Baseline (for the Receiver tree, as per DRL), including the identification of any impact which may be derived on the PRS user segment documentation from changes in the Security requirement, ARs and NCRs at System level
• To contribute to the development and maintenance in configuration of the PRS user segment related documentation list (for the Receiver tree, as per ESA and GSA user segment baseline documents and other inputs coming from the Common Minimum Standards CMS)
• To contribute to the tailoring of PRS user segment documentation (Receiver tree and impacts on PRS SM/Receiver validation/qualification aspects) to the needs of different categories of PRS participants and PRS users aligned with the CMS
• To assess the suitability of the PRS user segment technical documentation (Receiver tree) produced by the System according to the Common Minimum Standards (including the Annexes, e.g. for what concerns the need-to-know tailoring)
• Upon request, to support in the tailoring of PRS documentation (Receiver tree) for the purpose of different set of activities and contracts
• To contribute to identifying the potential impact on the PRS delivery associated with the implementation of the CMS and its associated implementing acts
• Upon request, to contribute to carry out PRS user segment impact assessment related to the potential implementation of evolutions of Galileo System and/or Service requirements
• To define/consolidate the PRS technological roadmap and its evolutions, including the definition, planning, coordination and execution of the relevant activities in interface with PRS participants.
• To define the PRS service evolution roadmap (validation, roll-out, decommissioning) and associated implementation plan.
• To contribute to the definition of Guidelines for the implementation of PRS management rules in the Member States in compliance with CMS.
• To define the PRS Performance Monitoring roadmap and prepare associated implementation plan (specification, development, integration, verification, validation, ...).
• On request of Customer to define and provide the technical support to the PRS participants CPAs.
Language: fluent English, spoken and written
The ideal candidate has a distinctly propensity to team working and is at ease mediating even between different requests.
Open minded to different cultures in working, he always uses a collaborative approach, helping to find shared solutions.
Security Clearance required.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!