Location: Rockingham, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About the role:
Thales Australia provide logistics services expertise to our customer, the Australian Defence Force (ADF). The logistics business provides storage, maintenance and distribution to the ADF in an ongoing contractual agreement.
You will be primarily responsible for planning all stocktaking and spot-check programs, counting stock, recording information on the Defence inventory database & producing reports, including delegating tasks to the stocktaking team and liaising with other stocktake coordinators within Thales Australia to ensure consistency of approach.
Within our logistics services business there are 17 depots throughout Australia. This creates various development opportunities as we strongly believe in promoting from within.
- Understanding and monitoring KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and supporting the Operations Manager to ensure these are achieved.
- Operating the ADFs inventory management system, COMSARM.
- Reporting any non-compliance to the Senior Stocktake Coordinator.
- Conducting research and investigations as required, interrogating stock history to complete investigations.
- Building and maintaining a good working relationship with all staff members within the logistic services business.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent attention to detail with very good numeric, oral and written communication skills
- Occasional having pushing and pulling will be required
- A full driver’s licence
- Broad knowledge and experience in stocktaking and warehouse processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
You must be able to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
A police check and medical are required for this role
Interested so far? In the first instance please click on the “Apply” button below.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!