Location: Rockingham, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Customer Service Officer to join our team. You will be responsible for providing logistics services expertise to our customer, the Australian Defence Force (ADF). The logistics business provides storage, maintenance and distribution in an ongoing contractual agreement.
The hours for this part time opportunity will be, Wednesday (7am - 4pm), Thursday (7am - 4pm) & Friday (7am - 1pm).
- Leading a work team in the coordination of the storage of explosive ordnance in multiple buildings
- Providing guidance and assistance in the ‘on the job’ development of staff.
- Managing the inventory system ensuring accuracy at all times
- Monitoring shelf life of stores and assisting with audits and inspections
- Building & maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to all matters relating to health and safety
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience operating a database program
- High level of interpersonal, organisation and communication skills teamed with good attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of standard computer applications including intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
A police check and medical will be required for this role.
Interested? Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!