Location: Reading, United Kingdom
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Thales a world leading software security company is looking for support engineers in the e-security division to provide PayShield support to customers.
This is a technical role with excellent opportunities in building a progressive long term career in technical support and to gain further experience in the IT security domain working with a global firm. The role will suit a candidate with a proven track record in technical support with sound technical knowledge.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate proven hands-on experience in dealing with customer support queries, coming from internal or external customers.
In this role the successful candidate will ensure that support queries are dealt with in a timely manner and recorded in our Support database and within agreed service levels. They will replicate and resolve complex customer problems, diagnosing possible cause, recommending remediation steps, and managing customer interactions.
- Work with our customers to quickly investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve technical problems, providing assistance to resolve technical faults.
- Diagnose hardware, software and systems related problems and carry out independent research to find technical solutions where necessary. Where a solution cannot be identified, work closely with our engineering teams, to escalate as appropriate.
- Logging and then transferring non-technical service issues to relevant teams (such as internal sales, operations, customer services and sales order processing), assisting with Technical Support related admin tasks, when required.
- Provide advice on configuring and optimising Thales products, to ensure that services are running effectively.
- Provide customers with downloads of software upgrades, product keys, licenses and documentation as permitted by their maintenance contract.
- Operate within the Support CRM, updating tickets and generating knowledge base articles.
- Carry out on-site installations and provide customer training, as and when required.
- Some after-hours/weekend work may be required. Participation in the 24 x 7 telephone support rota is required.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive customer exposure by phone, email and via the Support CRM.
- The ability to act as escalation point for complex customer tickets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written word, in English.
- Strong customer focus, passion for technology, self-motivation are a must.
- You will need to be willing to work outside core hours and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Candidates need to have a passion for technology and working with customers, with an interest in solving technical problems.
- Be proactive - Develop practical solutions, takes ownership, have a ‘can do' rather than ‘won’t do’ approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written English.
- Strong knowledge of some or all of the following operating systems: Windows operating systems, Windows Server
- Virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Good networking skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Some experience of on-site customer support.
- Good knowledge of IP networking. Experience with network monitoring tools, wireshark etc.
- Understanding of symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic principles and concepts public key exchange, digital signature and data communications, TCP/IP/SSL/TLS/HTTPS
- Any experience with the payShield product
- Exposure to Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) or credit card payment systems
Any knowledge of the following would also be advantageous:
- Programming (any of Python C, C#, C++, Java)
- Cryptographic and other APIs such as PKCS#11, REST API
- PKI, Certificates and Key Management ( OpenSSL,)
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!