Location: Reading, United Kingdom
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Cyber Security Consultant - Industrial Controls
Thales are preparing to recruit this position in the future and it is not an immediate requirement. If you wish to express an interest then please apply and a recruiter will assess the suitability of your application and contact you when the position is available.
Do you enjoy creating solutions? Are you looking to develop your knowledge, gain skills, and take on a role with accountability? Thales Cyber Security is looking for an innovative mind to help customers extract the most value out of their technology. We are fully committed to your development and will support you becoming certified in different domains, we also provide regular workshop days to up-skill our people.
To drive beneficial security change into the business through the development or review of architectures so that they:
- Fit business requirements for security, ensuring the technical security solution allows for future customer scalability
- Mitigate the risks and conform to the relevant security policies
- Balance information risk against cost of countermeasures
- Seek other cyber security opportunities whilst on customer assignment
- Represents security requirements in the design and implementation of IS architectures
- Understand the business environment and the information risks that systems of interest are subject to
- Assist Senior Cyber Security Architects in the identification of information risks that arise from potential solution architectures
- Propose alternate architectures or countermeasures to mitigate risks from initial solution architectures
- Assists with the secure configuration of ICT systems in compliance with the intended architecture
Essential skills & experience:
- Previous experience in Consulting/Professional services
- Previous Cyber Security Architect experience
- Ability to write concisely in a customer focused manner
- Working with challenging deadlines and competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and excellent time management skill
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage high volumes of work
- Proven organisational ability and team player
- Good communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent standard of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Willingness to learn and to work with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Knowledge of standard security operating processes and procedures
- Pro-active self starter
- Customer focused
- Flexible (likely that you will need to work outside core hours)
- Self sufficient
- Full mobility is essential, typically working on the client site with delivery partners and client teams
- CESG Certified IA Professional in one or more role
- Related Degree or Qualification
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!