Location: Piscataway, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to take you where you want to go, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced and unpredictable world, we work together to keep aircraft fully operational, safe and well maintained to make your life better, and keep you safer. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are looking for an Operations Support Representative to join our Thales ASW team in Piscataway, NJ.
- Performs repair purchase order review to identify the work scope requested by the customer. Creates repair work order in company database. Properly captures the work scope, warranty and financial conditions of the repair.
- Submits to Finance the request for new customer creation and for financial terms to be established.
- Evaluates warranty claims with respect to manufactures warranty period, entry of product into service, repeat failures, etc. Processes claims as appropriate.
- Ensures correct work order identification and coding of database records to accurately account for retrofit programs.
- Matches completed work order packages to the equipment received and awaiting repair.
- Creates subcontract PO for repairs requiring shipment to vendor or other Thales facility. Ensures scope of repair, customer requirements and vendor requirements are properly reflected on the subcontracting PO.
- Creates repair orders and subcontracting PO’s (when required) for work to be performed on company owned equipment.
- Completes the subcontracting transaction after equipment repaired by an approved vendor has been completed and returned to Thales or drop shipped to customer.
- Proofreads outgoing work orders to verify accuracy and ensure facility obligations are fulfilled. Verifies financial and warranty coding is accurate and complete. Ensures customer is in good financial standing prior to creating delivery request of repaired equipment back to customer.
- Ensures the repair database is updated regarding changes to customer contact, invoicing and shipping information.
- Supports team in completing all transactions within the targeted timeframes. Responsible for meeting individual and team targets set for accuracy and velocity of repair administration in SAP.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EXCHANGE STOCK MANAGEMENT:
- Properly identifies loan and exchange core returns in WIP and ensures the return of Thales owned equipment back to the appropriate inventory locations.
- Executes exchange transaction in repair order when an exchange agreement has be reached between Thales and customer.
- Identifies opportunities to offer exchanges to customers to save TAT.
- Reviews blocked exchange stock to ensure that it is in the repair process. Responsible for troubleshooting blocked exchange stock that is not currently in the repair process.
- Assists in the buy/sell evaluation of exchange stock.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent experience required. Certification/Associates Degree preferred or (equivalent work experience.) Two years data entry or service support experience preferably in Aviation, Electronics or Technical industry. Experience working in a highly regulated industry a plus. Additional requirements for Exchange Stock Management include an additional two years’ experience preferably in inventory management and stock analysis.
- Must be task oriented, organized, attentive to detail and process oriented. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exchange Stock Management also requires the ability to analyze large datasets, calculate turn rates and ROI.
- PC, Word, Excel, Outlook and Database applications.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.