Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
The Software Engineer for Revenue Collection Systems will design, test and evaluate computer software applications. He/She will join a team of Software Engineers of the Ticketing R&D Department.
● Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements into software design and requirements.
● Be responsible for the development of new programs, analyze current programs and make recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
● Write, edit, test and debug new software modules for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired outputs.
● Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
● Be responsible for adopting and utilizing tools and equipment involved in the performance of essential functions of programming.
● Communicate with the system engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
● Research and recommend software tools to the management.
● Provide assistance to testers and support personnel in order to determine system problems.
● Maintain strong and positive relationship with the customer and suppliers.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
● Fluency in Italian and English; French is a plus.
● Engineering or Computer Science Degree.
● Min.3 years’ experience in the design and development of complex software architectures.
● Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
● Sound knowledge of Software Engineering discipline, processes and CMMI principles.
● Experience in programming software on devices is requested. Experience in Ticketing system development (TVM, Gates, Validator, POS, Management System) will be a plus.
● Required knowledge of C and C++.
● Knowledge of C#, VB.NET and Java is considered a plus.
● Knowledge of WebServices development (WCF) and Qt Framework.
● Relational DB (Microsoft SQL Server Etc).
● Modular application development.
● Multithreading application development.
● Version control systems like Git, SVN, CVS.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!