Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
Thales Portugal has a great opportunity to integrate its ranks for a Software Architect. This Software Architect will be technically responsible for the software architecture, coordinate with the Solution Architect and PDA in order to make sure that the top down refinement of the solution is consistent with the software strategy and constraints including COTS & OSS selection and components reuse.
- Ensures that software architecture stability is maintained across lifecycle phases from Bid to Delivery;
- Directs and coordinates software architecture studies;
- Approves the technical, technological, and methodological choices taken in respect of the selected software architecture;
- Guarantees adherence to in-scope standards, reuse policy and product development plans; Identifies modeling, simulation and prototyping opportunities;
- Co-ordinates product definition, and assessment of trade-offs between aspects of cost, customer requirements and technological possibilities;
- Prepares the Design & Justification Files;
- Provides knowledge on state-of-the-art software architecture, taking account of future developments;
- Monitors technological developments.
Skills and Experience:
- MSc / BSc degrees in Computer Science or related fields;
- Experience and knowledge of Object Oriented concepts, data structures and multi-threading;
- At least 6 years of experience in Software Engineering;
- Experience in Java Platform;
- Experience in Spring Framework;
- Cloud Foundry knowledge is a plus;
- Good database concepts, both SQL and NoSQL;
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Scrum as a preference. Certified Scrum Developer is a plus;
- General UNIX and Windows knowledge;
- Openness to a new environment, people and culture;
- Work effectively within existing systems, both software artifacts and organizations;
- Fluent English language, spoken and written;
- Availability to travel.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!