Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
We are recruiting for a role within our recently established Thales Business Support Services (TBSS) based in Lisbon. TBSS acts as a shared service center for a number of Thales countries for various key tasks associated to finance, reconciliation, procurement and supply chain.
The jobholder will report to the Reporting Services Lead for guidance, career development and for day-to-day operational activities. A number of this role’s deliverables will be to Senior Management within the Country Business Units The role will have a significant requirement to interact with the finance community within Thales operations.
- Finance Directors
- Financial Controllers
- Functional Managers
- Finance staff
- Auditors as necessary to meet the annual audit requirements
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As part of a proactive agile team:
- Assist in the implementation of IT tools and reporting techniques
- Identify and support the implementation change initiatives to improve delivery, internal controls and departmental effectiveness
- Escalate risks & opportunities quickly and to the appropriate management level
- Ensure the integrity of reported financial information through suitable internal controls, review and compliance with statutory and Thales Group accounting principles
- Ensure all relevant and required financial information and analysis is available for the monthly reporting cycle (BOR, QFR etc.)
- Provide a full part in supporting the Reporting Department in their transformation plans and reporting as necessary.
- Ensure departmental deadlines & commitments are honored
- Liaise with Internal & External auditors as requiredDrive the creation of a value add central reporting function
- Ensure as far as the role dictates that financial affairs are conducted in accordance with Group Principles & processes
- Maintain an ethical approach to business in line with the Thales’ Ethics Policy
- Master’s Degree on Information Systems, Accounting or holder of relevant Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of strong reporting, business intelligence & technical background
- A must: Experience with a reporting role in a complex matrix organisation with multiple customers
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong MS Office & use of IT tools
- Evidence of having identified changes & improvements to processes and / or tasks and seen those through to implementation
- Drive & enthusiasm
- Good communication skills / interpersonal skills, establishing strong internal relationships
- Ability to cope with & manage change
- Flexible & adaptable
- High professional integrity and ability to challenge the status quo and influence change
- Maintain an independent perspective whilst remaining a close member to the business
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!