Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
We are recruiting for a role within our recently established Thales Business Support Services (TBSS) based in Lisbon. The opportunity for a P2P Invoices & Expenses Team Member is as a result of continued growth for TBSS with more forecasted. This role will provide services in our Procurement to Pay: supplier invoice processing and staff expenses processing team.
This position offers an individual the opportunity to develop and enhance their existing skills while learning new skills within a shared services environment.
TBSS acts as a shared service centre for a number of Thales countries for various key tasks associated to finance, reconciliation, procurement and supply chain. This position will ensure suppliers and staff as well as others are paid on time and correctly. You will have a regular interaction with the P2P Manager, Procurement, Finance and our suppliers across a number of countries.
The purchase to pay process includes several administrative tasks:
- Record and update the suppliers master database
- Record and updated bank details in the supplier master data
- Purchase order creation
- Goods receipt follow up
- Receiving and processing of invoices
- 3-way match which means checking the right goods, the right amount and the right quality
- Invoice approval follow up
- T&E Report processing and reports audit
- Manage all approved payment activities
- Reconcile supplier statements, identify any transactional issue or disagreement as early as possible
- Urgent payments processing
- Invoice payment release
- Manual payment
Skills & Experience
- Sense of service
- A good sense of relationship and strong interpersonal qualities(to be able to manage the relationship with different cultures within units)
- Organizational and communicational skills
- Able to work in a multicultural work environment
- Knowledge of English (will have support for enhancing language skills)
- Preference (without exclusion) for working knowledge of another language: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Greek, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish or Romanian.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!