Location: Overland Park, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join Thales in Overland Park, Kansas. This position will support a new Government Radar contract. The Senior Test Engineer leads a team in the planning, setup and execution of the test program for the Radar equipment as well as creation, review and editing of Test related CDRL deliverables to the prime contractor and FAA.
- Responsible for directing test engineers in the performance of test functions, including designing and developing test approaches/success criteria, designing/developing test procedures, executing test procedures and generating test reports
- Responsible for managing the overall execution of test programs
- Responsible for formulating and defining effective test approaches and success criteria through research and fact-finding to solve complex testing problems
- Responsible for preparing detailed test procedures meeting the objectives of defined test approaches
- Responsible for preparing detailed specifications from which test tools are developed
- Responsible for designing, coding, testing and debugging testing software and tools
- Responsible for working on all phases of the test program, including planning, test approach/success criteria development, test procedure development, test conduct and test report development
Skills and Experience Required:
- Prior test experience on FAA hardware contracts strongly preferred
- Familiarity with FAA test philosophy and processes on prior hardware contracts strongly preferred
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.