In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
At Thales Ottawa office, we develop leading edge technologies to secure the cloud and mobile world. Our security solutions are prevalent in today's digital world. Thales is a unique company to join and a great place to work. You’re giving yourself an excellent opportunity to develop a dynamic career in a friendly, international environment where we value your contribution, believe in your potential and are committed to your development. We support you by providing a sound learning platform and a clear career path that is underpinned by our policies of promotion from within, mobility, training and development programs.
We are looking for a new coop student to work on the Data Protection on Demand product.You will be joining our engineering test teams, more specifically to work on our Hardware Security Module related products. We will educate you about our products, industry and customers with on-the-job training through mentorship with skilled, experienced peers. You will have an opportunity to work on products that secure critical infrastructures in the global economy. The Engineering group at Thales consists of a team environment. Everyone helps everyone. As such, all employees are expected to be approachable and cooperative in nature. We only want team players! A person must be able to manage the stress that arises from performing many tasks in parallel and from dealing with demanding development schedules.
- A good attitude and demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- A desire to own an entire solution: understanding the requirement; designing the test solution; implementing the tools; writing automated tests; drafting/reviewing the information needed by the customer to use the solution; and testing bugs and improvements reported by peers, developers and customers.
- Knowledge of and Linux, Windows, virtualization and cloud computing
- Setup required systems under test in appropriate network
- Java, Python
- Interest in security protocols and the importance security serves in information technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous work experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment is a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!