In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
As an integrated member of a highly skilled team responsible for managing product security evaluations, the Security & Certifications (S&C) Analyst is responsible for managing security evaluations in multiple sites to facilitate the smooth passage of products through evaluation and certification process.
In support of the certification process, the Security & Certifications Analyst is required to collaborate with 3rd party companies and subcontractors in order to obtain the required product certifications, which include FIPS 140, PCI, Common Criteria, CAPS, MEPS and other regionally focused standards.
The role requires a pragmatic and pro-active individual who is excited about security, has excellent communications skills and is keen to make an impact on industry-leading security products.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140, Common Criteria (CC), Payments Card Industry (PCI), and regionally focused security certification processes for the company's new and existing products with the objective of obtaining security certifications in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Collaborate with product owners and engineer teams in security certifications strategy, planning, and in managing evaluations activities to address security and certifications requirements to achieve target certifications; and
- Participate in the security certification standards bodies and keep abreast of emerging standards as required by the business.
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of direct security evaluation experience on commercial products, preferably with FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria, and/or PCI;
- Understanding and experience with modern product release engineering practices, specifically with Agile methodologies;
- A broad understanding of hardware, software, and systems engineering best practices; practical product development experience in any of the engineering domains a plus;
- Ability to read code such as C, C++, or Java;
- Understand cryptography fundamentals;
- Strong communication and proficient in English (oral and written), presentation, and negotiation skills; and
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- CISSP is an asset
- Proactive - Develops pragmatic solutions, takes ownership, has a ‘can do' approach;
- Technically curious – regards technology problems as challenges;
- Creative – connects the technical dots with a goal of building customer value;
- Responsive - Always reacts quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, emails or other events in a timely and flexible fashion;
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!