Location: Noida, India
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. Thales offers the only complete enterprise encryption portfolio that provides persistent protection of sensitive data at all critical points in its lifecycle. From the physical and virtual data center to the cloud, our solutions help organizations remain protected, compliant, and in control of their data.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Lead to join our engineering group to who work on encryption portfolio. He/she would contribute testing and automation of file system encryption. He/she will work closely on systems, software and security.
· Write and execute functional, performance, scalability test cases to validate that feature implementation meets the product management and customer requirement.
· Automate the manual test cases to most achievable level to reduce manual efforts and increase product stability.
· Preparation of test strategy, test plan and test execution to ensure feature testing is completed well within the committed timelines.
· Follow the continue-integration approach to be aligned with products DevOps process.
· Work on customer reported issue by support teams to reproduce in development environment and perform debugging to identify the root cause of issue.
· Use test-driven methodologies and automation in the design and development phase to ensure quality before hand-off to Quality Assurance.
· Work closely with other developers and product management to evaluate testing effort for new feature requests.
· Demonstrate good judgment in making test strategy. Ability to work on a diverse set of problems and provides input that influences technical decisions.
· Keep Strong control on quality, security and completeness of the product deliveries.
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or, Master’s degree in computer science or, related discipline
· 11+ years of experience in file system development, kernel and device driver programming
· Linux/Unix Kernel testing, preferably file system and device driver domain.
· Linux/Unix System testing, knowledge of system calls and interfacing with kernel modules
· Experience of client server programming and testing
· Test automation of complex frameworks. Knowledge of quality assurance tools (JIRA, Bug zilla, HP QC, etc.)
· Mastery of python, bash, sed, awk and other Linux system tools.
· Preferably development experience in system programming
· Strong problem solving and debugging skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!