Location: Noida, India
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. Thales offers the only complete enterprise encryption portfolio that provides persistent protection of sensitive data at all critical points in its lifecycle. From the physical and virtual data center to the cloud, our solutions help organizations remain protected, compliant, and in control of their data. We are looking for a technical manager to join our engineering group and lead a team of development and test engineers who work on encryption portfolio. He/she would manage the design, development, testing and maintenance of the product.
· Lead the transparent encryption product team technically and be responsible for their hiring, mentoring and performance.
· Participate in planning of encryption portfolio product releases in alignment with all the product teams and product management working in agile.
· Strong project management skills such as planning, risk analysis, reporting, communicating with stakeholders from different time zones like product management, technical support and management.
· Contribute in enhancement and adaptation of the product design with existing and new market trends.
· Have a mind-set of automation for any new development, while improving the automation of existing.
· Keep Strong control on quality, security and completeness of the product deliveries.
· Keep up-to-date and flexible with technologies in the field of encryption, security, and infrastructure.
· Strong technical skills to mentor and build a solid technical team in open and challenging environment.
· Manage the critical customer escalations while having direct interaction with technical customers
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or, Master’s degree in computer science or, related discipline
· 15+ years of experience in file system development, kernel and device driver programming
· Extensive hands-on experience with system calls and interfacing with kernel modules
· Expertise with complex platforms which are clustered, load balanced, backed up, and high performance
· Exposure to multiple operating systems kernels, few distributions of Linux, Windows, AIX
· Masters the physical, virtual and cloud environments/technologies
· Experience on development, implementation of cryptographic algorithms, devices and, procedures
· Ability to build and lead small teams working in agile methodology
· Strong project management skills such as planning, risk analysis, reporting, communicating with stakeholders
· Strong problem solving and debugging skills
· Strong written and vocal skills in English language
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!