Location: Noida, India
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
As a solution architect in the team, you will be working to provide strategic direction of technology solution to meet business objectives. The role will require not just review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications ensuring alignment between customer expectations and current product capabilities, it also requires hand on expertise to develop, test and implement technology solutions ensuring delivery commitments.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
· 10 plus years in designing and developing complex software solutions using .NET stack
· Comprehensive understanding of the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing and high availability, etc.
· Solid understanding of networks, systems and persistence technologies: AWS, GCP OpenStack, relational and no-SQL Dbs.
· Design, develop, and deliver applications in Asp.Net to include: architecture design, prototyping, development of production quality code, and design and development of unit tests.
· Good understanding/experience of OOP Concepts, Design Patterns and Design Principles (SOLID etc.)
· Understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs architectures, and ultimately code.
· Experience working with complex, high-transactional products is highly desirable.
· Excellent debugging skills, can drive to root causes of and solutions to complex problems
· Knowledge of UML diagrams
· Ability to develop high-quality code that is maintainable, structured, highly organized and self-documenting
· Code optimization techniques.
· Working knowledge of Test Driven Development, Agile/Scrum
· Standard Web Services (SOAP), REST, RESTful, Json
· Cloud (AWS, GCP).
Knowledge, Skill and Qualifications
· Must have strong experience on designing distributed systems
· Must have strong core web architecture concepts
· Must have hands-on experience on defining the architecture blueprints along with techniques to validate the design
· Strong experience on detailed design and implementing web based applications using .Net tech stack (.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API)
· Good understanding of Front End Technologies Angular 6+, Java Script, TS.
· Strong experience in designing Micro Services/Domain Driven Design (DDD) based architecture using any open source technologies like Node.js, EmberJS, React, .Net Core along with application containerization through Docker or any equivalent
· Good knowledge of implementing Messaging Queue tools like RabbitMQ, KAFKA etc.
· Should have good experience with product based development and should able to define/articulate the NFRs (non-functional requirements)
· Should be aware of performance engineering and web security best practices
· Must have worked on any one cloud platform (AWS is preferred) with deep dive hands-on experience Other Tech Stack Awareness
· Kafka, Docker, Any NoSQL DB, ElasticSearch, AWS PaaS (CloudWatch, Cloud X-Ray, EKS, RDS etc.)
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
Open to learn new skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!