Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Australia has embarked on the most complex transformation of air traffic management (ATM) in its aviation history, a once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a unified solution to Australia’s future ATM needs. The OneSKY Australia Program is an unprecedented partnership between Thales, Airservices Australia and The Department of Defence to develop a new integrated civil and military air traffic management system.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Functional Validation Leader to join our dynamic TopSky Team at Thales in Melbourne.
You will be responsible for the functional Maturity and Functional validation of the different TopSkyNG functional chains that are under development. To do that you will have to work closely with the team which defines the solution that will be implemented and also with the team in charge of the development.
Key responsibilities :
- Provide estimates for the development and execution of Functional Validation scenarios.
- Identify and plan Maturity activities.
- Lead the CMT validation engineers in the development of Functional Validation and Maturity scenarios.
- Plan and execute Test Procedure Reviews attaining approval from Functional Leads.
- Identify unclear and unusual system behaviour.
- Subject the system to Stress Testing, Nominal cases and most likely degraded modes in an operational environment
- Record the test results in the project Test Management System and any defects in the Defect Management System.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering, IT or a related discipline and relevant industrial experience in systems engineering or communication systems.
- Test Engineering / Test Analyst experience of large, complex, real time software based systems
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management
- Experience with the use of Requirement/Tests and Defects Management System
As part of your commitment, we offer competitive remuneration package, health insurance, flexible working arrangements and most importantly opportunity for growth and development in a supportive, international cross-functional team.
Don't miss out on being part of this a once-in-a-generation opportunity, make your next decisive moment be with Thales Australia.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!