Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to join the team in our Melbourne office, based in the World Trade Centre.
- Support SWEM/SEM in the definition of the TopSky NG development plan
- Daily coordination of teams and activities to achieve development plan
- Monitor application of the process for each functional increment
- Secure all actions are conducted to secure successful Functional Development milestones as per process
- Raise alert to SwEM/SEM in case of any risks or significant issues that could affect the ability to meet scheduled dates.
- Coordinates impact analysis of Problem Reports and severity/priority assessment with all stakeholders
- Monitor application of the process for Problem Report (TRB/CCB)
- Coordinates Root Cause Analysis of the Problem Reports and propose associated actions
- Coordinates PCR model management within all teams & Propose resolutions issues to secure planning.
- Degree in Engineering, IT or a related discipline and relevant industrial experience in System and Software engineering.
- Have strong experience in Software Development/System Engineering/Verification activities
- Understanding of Configuration Management tools.
- Have the ability to overview complex situations and to manage multi-task environments
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to establish sustainable, profitable relationships
- Transverse Team management experience
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your well-being such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!