Location: WTC MELBOURNE, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’s sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
Due to growth and future workload we are currently on the lookout for experienced Senior systems engineers (Flight Data) to join our OneSky team! These career opportunities may be of particular interest to systems engineers interested in Air Traffic Management (ATM) and mission critical systems!
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the integrity of the System functional baseline and architecture.
- Define systems solutions that are the best trade-off between requirements, cost, schedule and risk that meet our customer’s needs.
- Prepare and conduct specification reviews with our customers and lead technical working groups both internally and externally to define technical solutions.
- Support the Software Development, Integration and Validation teams during implementation phase.
- Support the System Engineering Manager to identify and mitigate functional/architectural risks.
What we're looking for from you:
- Engineering/computer science degree along with solid experience in development of real time and distributed systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation ideally
- Clear understanding of systems engineering process and functional baseline management from specification writing, requirement analysis and traceability through to system level design/architecture/interface and requirements management.
- Knowledge of requirement management tools such as DOORS
- Model Based System Engineering experience would be favourably looked upon
- Any experience in networking, infrastructure, cyber security or systems of systems will be highly regarded
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your well-being such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!