Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Working on our OneSky Project, the Senior Software Integration Engineer is responsible for the delivery of software integration services (and/or corresponding hardware integration or configuration support, as applicable) for systems and/or sub-systems of products or for projects, along with the provision of expert guidance/assistance as required to other technical teams in regard to integration, technical and configuration matters.
- Lead of the integration & block testing of incremental software releases for products and/or projects, in accordance with the schedule set by the relevant leader / manager
- Providing expert technical support and the setup of environments to developers, testers and end users
- Identifying risks, and proposing effective solutions
- Define and lead testing activities (regression, interface, simulation scenarios and test tools)
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Work experience in integrating large projects, Air Traffic Control or related projects a must
- Software development cycle, in real-time systems a must
- Programming languages: Shell Scripting, Python, Groovy (for Gradle/Jenkins)
- CM tools: Git, Jenkins
- UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- Software and System complex test automation, preferably from a GUI perspective
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience in CI/CD environment
- Experience in leading a sizeable technical engineering team
- CI/CM tools: Bitbucket, Jira, Artifactory
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your well-being such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!