Location: Melbourne, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Intern/Coop to join the Thales USA. Joining Thales as an intern or coop student is a great way to launch your career! Our roles always provide real-life work experiences that align to your area of study. The Early Careers Program gives you more than just a job – you have the opportunity to begin your career. We offer training, networking opportunities, career development, and social events. In order to qualify for an intern or coop role, you must meet all of the following basic requirements:
Position Title: Mechanical Engineering Intern
Duration: 12 weeks Session 1 (May, 2020 start)
Session 2 (June, 2020 start)
Location: Melbourne, FL
The Intern will perform LRU mechanical design, development, and integration for aircraft In-Flight Entertainment System LRUs and components through engineering analysis, research and design. The student Engineer will support senior level engineers on new designs and testing LRUs and provide sustaining engineering assistance.
- Provides mechanical design engineering for electronics packaging for avionics applications
- Evaluates design components of existing LiveTV installations and recommends product/installation improvement
- Applies good engineering design and processes for new and existing LiveTV products
- Generates electronics production drawings
- Analyzes and substantiates packaging designs in regards to environmental conditions
- Interfaces with electronics and mechanical engineers as part of a design team
- Designs and executes environmental qualification tests
Skills and Experience:
- Currently a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering and
Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Knowledge of ProE, Creo, Solid Works or AutoCAD required.
- Exposure to Previous aircraft modification and repair design experience.
- Able to assist engineers in writing requirements, specifications, and technical analysis
documents as required.
- Returning for at least one more semester following the summer 2020 internship.
- Able to work full time hours (40 hours) for 12 weeks starting May 2020 or June 2020.
- Previous work experience outside the classroom.
- Great written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under deadlines.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.