Location: Melbourne, Australia
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Australia has embarked on the most complex transformation of air traffic management (ATM) in its aviation history, a once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a unified solution to Australia’s
future ATM needs. The OneSKY Australia Program is an unprecedented partnership between Thales, Airservices Australia and The Department of Defence to develop a new integrated
civil and military air traffic management system. We are currently seeking applications from experienced Verification & Validation Engineers to join our dynamic IVVA Team at Thales NOW in Melbourne.
The V&V Department is responsible for defining and performing testing activities to ensure the System and System elements meet the Functional Baseline requirements and/or Allocated Baseline requirements and confirm the systems are fit for purpose.
- Contribute in System Requirement Analysis activities to confirm requirements are testable and allocate a Verification Method(s) and Verification Phase(s), documented in the Verification Cross Reference Matrix
- Assess system design for overall compliance with contractual requirements
- Support systems analysis, requirements analysis, requirements derivation and requirements allocation to design elements
- Execute V&V procedures in accordance with the Acceptance Test Procedures
- Develop, evaluate and improve tests, test methods, test framework and test tools
- Collaborate and influence across multiple teams to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities
- The creation, maintenance and traceability of test procedures to verify Functional and Allocated Baseline requirements and to validate the systems fitness for purpose
- Conduct verification and validation tests during formal testing activities including Acceptance Verification and Validation with the customer
Your experience and qualifications:
- As a successful member of the team you will ensure that you not only maintain technical skills and awareness of technical improvements but deliver on results and work as a pro-active cross functional team member.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Software, Systems or Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in testing and/or development of large, complex, real time software systems
- Experience in engineering analysis, design and testing activities.
- Experience in new product development environment
- Previous experience with working with Requirement, Test and Defect Management Systems (DOORS, JIRA) would be highly regarded
- You take responsibility and have pride in your work
- Demonstrated ability to work in an integrated team environment.
As part of your commitment, we offer competitive remuneration package, health insurance, flexible working arrangements and most importantly opportunity for growth and development in a supportive, international cross-functional team.
Don't miss out on being part of this a once-in-a-generation opportunity, make your next decisive moment be with Thales Australia.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!