Location: Madrid, Spain
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
A week in the life of a J2EE Software Engineer
- You will participate in the design, implementation, security and validation of applications within a project team structure, in accordance with institutionalized processes and delivery standards.
- You will analyze customer requirements, perform feasibility study, provide technical proposal, estimate workload and contribute to project requirements specification.
- You will collaborate in the documentation related to these activities.
- You will be a team player inside one of our agile teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- To succeed in this job, you will have at least at least 5 years' experience of Sw Development.
- You should have very good knowledge of: Java and J2EE, working knowledge of second programming language C# (C/C++, Python …). Knowledge of J2EE frameworks and libraries (Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JDBC, JSP/Servlet)
- Experience in Source Control Systems, Continuous Integration Systems and Unit Testing Frameworks.
- We are looking for someone who is detailed oriented, has a very good analytical mind, customer oriented.
- You should be willing to travel, ~15% yearly average.
- You are fluent in English
- You have a Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!