Location: Madrid, Spain
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
1 year fixed-term contract
• Design and development of RF circuits and units up to Ku Band (amplifiers, oscillators, modulators…), and low frequency circuits (power conditioning, interfaces) following space quality rules.
• Design validation in the lab
• Definition of manufacturing files (schematics, layout) for the designed circuits
• Preparation of the tuning&test procedures of the designed circuits
• To take part in the Validation of the Solution process
• Customer support and collaboration with other departments in the company (quality, CTO, manufacturing, testing,…)
• Design documentation in English to justify the solution in front of the customer
- Electrical Engineer (master degree) with firm background on electronics, radiofrequency, radio-communications and telecommunications.
Skills and experience:
- Design, development and validation in the lab of RF functions (amplifiers, oscillators, filters, modulators…) and base-band functions (interfaces y bias circuitry) for radio-communication equipment
- Experience in designing Active RF equipment, such as transmitters, receivers, up- or down-converters…
- Experience in RF design based on discrete components.
- Use of Laboratory test instruments (Scopes, Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, Data Patterns Generators, Oscilloscopes…)
- SW Tools: ADS, Momentum (Electromagnetic 2.5D), HFSS/EmPro (Electromagnetic 3D), ORCAD/PSPICE, MATLAB
- Fluent English mandatory, knowledge of other languages. Spanish knowledge will be valued
- Experience in space sector. Knowledge of space programs rules and standards (i.e. ECSS)
- Team work, proactivity and rigor
- Expertise on RF circuit design and development and Printed Circuit Boards Design Rules
- Printed Circuit Boards Design Tools (ORCAD, MENTOR GRAPHICS).
- Knowledge of Radiofrequency equipment and Digital Communications
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Innovation capability, versatility
- Other SW Tools: C/C++, Labview
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!