Standort: Copenhagen, Denmark
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has been involved in Danish projects since 1973, and now due to the significance of the Group’s activities and the market outlooks in the country, Thales has since established a formal regional office in Copenhagen in January 2015. In 2012, Banedanmark, the Danish rail infrastructure manager, awarded a consortium composed of Thales and Strukton Rail with a contract to upgrade the signalling system in Jutland. Located in the Western part of Denmark, the project modernised approximately 1,200 kilometres of the Danish railway network (60%) with the new European ETCS level 2 system. Since then, Thales in Denmark has been working on the design and structure of the system in close cooperation with Strukton Rail. Thales is set to transfer to the maintenance phase by 2021.
Project Design Authority
Design and development of the railway network in Jutland – one of the largest IT projects in Denmark
Do you want to be part of the one of the largest and most unique projects in Denmark influencing millions of people? And would you like to have a significant role in defining the solution level architecture and designing end-to-end technical solutions leading to the implementation of one of the largest IT infrastructure projects in the Danish country?
Since 2012, Thales Denmark A/S has been working to upgrade the railway signaling system in Jutland to an IT-based signaling system in close cooperation with several parties among in a consortium with Strukton Rail. The project consists of an update of approx. 1,200 km of the Danish railway network for the new European ETCS Level 2 system. The project is in daily speech referred to as the F-bane Project, and is currently in the installing phase, where the first line was successfully installed in North Jutland. Now the signaling system should be implemented throughout the rest of Jutland within the next years.
In order to ensure our continuous success, we are looking for an additional Programme Design Authority, to ensure that our technical solutions meets customer needs as well as technical and commercial constraints. This will be done in close collaboration with your PDA colleague and other key roles in the project. You will, as Programme Design Authority, refer to the System Engineering Manager.
The Project Design Authority in the F-Bane project is responsible to
Acts as the technical leader of Engineering project team.
Acts as lead technical interface with the Customer
Assess alternative solutions.
Assure interface between the Programme Design Authority and the Engineering team.
Ensures the feasibility of the Solution including:
- Defines and proposes innovative solutions to meet customer requirements in compliance with product / system technical strategy.
- Assesses technique and technological choices to ensure the best trade-off between customer requirements, technical solutions and cost & risk control.
- Ensures standardisation and adequate re-use.
- Contributes to technical specification definition and to the subcontractor choice for needed subsystem acquisition.
- Customer Management
- Analyses customer needs/requirements and assess the solution architecture and technical choices
- Influences the design of the system to reach the best suitable solution between customer requirements and the system together with the system core team
- Shares the customer understanding of requirements and intended operation is shared with the System Core Team and System Design Team
- Critical Issues Management
- Takes care of the critical technical issues in relation to design, engineering, test and approval either with the customer or with subcontractors
- Identifies, evaluates and reports technical risks on a monthly basis
- System Engineering
- Ensure, with the support of experts that the Solution design takes into account contract requirements and applicable legislation, rules & regulations, including product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements & standards and that related certification activities are performed correctly.
- Actively manage technical risks and technical opportunities
- Carries out design reviews to reach consistency
- Conducts technical Stage Gate Review with Banedanmark
- Manage all technical stakeholders; ensure that strong communications and understanding is established and maintained with all stakeholders
- Participate in the sub-system supplier’s technical reviews as required
- Manages design baselines customers development approval
- Sets up technical migration strategy for the delivered solution
- Reaches the required RAM & Safety targets with the provided solution
- Manages changes to the design with order intake to appr. 1M€ per year
- Proven technical leadership within a matrix style organisation
- At least 5 years of experience in railway design and ETCS
- Very strong experience and understanding of the railway operation
- Highly comprehensive understanding of several technical disciplines
- Very strong expertise in problem analysis and solution techniques
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and practice
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- High abstraction skills for technical matters
- Very strong target and result orientation
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise whilst retaining the technical integrity of the solution
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills in English – Danish or German is a plus
- Strong technical understanding of the customer requirements, the offer and the system solution
- Strong team player and attitude to work in the team
- Willingness to work in a collaborative working environment across national boundaries
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!