Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
The candidate shall have:
- Development experience in Software Life Cycle and methodologies. Understanding of practical and methodical development through prototyping and testing (black and white box, unit and functional test)
- Development experience in Software Design Architecture using UML
- Development experience using C++, C# (under Windows), python
- Solid understanding of 3D Graphics concepts: development experience using OpenGL is a must
- Knowledge of Image and Video Processing suites and proficient CAD (Computer Aided Design) skills
- Creativity in problem solving through a clear design process and a Good Mathematical Background
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to become part of an international team and availability to manage showroom and demo events in Roma in direct contact with the Customers
- A perfect knowledge of written and spoken English
Further, desirable but necessary skills include:
- Development experience using Qt framework
- Knowledge of GPU Architecture and libraries such as CUDA/OpenCL
- University Master Degree or equivalent
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!