Location: Irvine, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for a Senior Bid and Program Quality Assurance Manager to join Thales in Irvine, CA. The Bid and Program Quality Assurance Manager (B&PQAM) works within the InFlyt Experience business line, is involved on development or customer projects and works hand in hand with other stakeholders from Engineering, Program Management and Media Services. He/she is responsible for all Quality Assurance performed on the projects, by himself/herself or other QAM dedicated specific areas, like Hardware QAM or System and Software QAM.
The objective of the Quality Assurance activities are to:
- Ensure the solution meets customer requirements through a proper management of the technical and non-technical requirements throughout the life of the project
- Support the tailoring and proper implementation of the process, help identify risks and resolve problems
- Control the execution of the project in relationship with plans
- Provide findings, recommendation and alerts to the project team members and management
The Senior B&PQAM is involved on a total of 1 to 2 highly complex projects or 2 to 4 moderately complex projects at a time and is responsible for:
- Management of Quality Assurance activities
- Write the Quality Assurance plan for the program, describing Quality Assurance activities to be implemented.
- Manage the financial Estimate At Completion (EAC) of all Quality Assurance activities on the program.
- Support and coach other QAMs involved on the project. These other QAMs may perform some similar activities albeit on a subset of the program scope (e.g. HW development).
- Involvement in Project execution
- Participate in the preparation and execution of Program and Services milestone reviews throughout the various phases of the program. This includes especially verifying that the evidences put forth by various stakeholders are accurate.
- Capture and record essential meeting outcomes and maintain records
- Participate in the review of program plans
- Review or oversee the review of traceability documents for correctness and completeness and facilitating resolution of any discrepancies identified to ensure the solution delivered meets customer requirements
- Understand tools and methods used by the Program Management team
- Interface with broad program team to ensure that all customer expectations are satisfied
- Process coaching and tailoring
- Participate or lead lessons learned activities for continuous process improvement
- Quality Assurance assessments
- Perform punctual assessments on specific topics and delivering the outcome and recommendations to the relevant stakeholders. This may include assessing compliance to plans, appropriate deployment of new Program Management practices, etc…
- Provides on a monthly basis a detailed assessment (findings and recommendations) of the project on a number of topics (Schedule management, Customer relationship, Teamwork, etc…) and presents it to the project team. This is a QA Advice. Works actively with the project team to agree on the necessary actions and supports or leads their closure
- Raise alerts to management and apply duty of veto when relevant
- Administration and team activities
- Accurately capture his/her time on a weekly basis within the SAP tool
- Support bid and change order quoting activities when needed
- Participate consistently and actively in all the Quality teams recurring meetings: Staff meeting, training sessions, brainstorming sessions, etc…
The Senior B&PQAM is also involved on Bids and holds the following responsibilities:
- Provides at the relevant meetings a detailed assessment (findings and recommendations) of the bid on a number of topics (Risks and Opportunities management, estimation package, etc…) and presents it to the bid team. This is the Bid QA Advice. Works actively with the bid team to agree on the necessary actions and supports or leads their closure.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the bid process (e.g. relevant gates are performed)
- Be responsible for the quality activities tailoring and estimations
- Throughout the implementation of these responsibilities, behave in an assertive way to challenge the team when necessary, keeping in mind the satisfaction of the Customer.
For all these activities, work closely with all applicable stakeholders within and outside the Quality team including with other Thales facilities across the USA and the world.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 8-12+ years of experience or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field with 6+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in program management of complex systems, within Quality or Program management discipline
- 5 or more years of experience in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience leading cross functional teams, engaging them to perform and, developing its members
- Potential 10%-15% travel to other Thales facilities within the USA and occasionally internationally.
- Experience managing teams
- Able to integrate a multi-cultural team quickly and Cooperate efficiently
- Able to comprehend complex situations and concepts and shape solutions out of this complexity
- Speaks, reads and writes in the English language
- Able to influence key stakeholders for the overall benefit of the project and company, in a matrix environment
- Has attention to details
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.