Location: Irvine, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
The Lead Service Desk Technician is responsible for the distribution of work and service tickets to the technicians, including but not limited to handling all call and ticket escalations prior to these being escalated to the Service Desk Manager. The Lead Service Desk Technician coordinates the activities of the service desk staff including technical writing, hours of operation and user community follow up on satisfaction levels and problem resolution. This position will help determine prescribed methods when to move issues to tier 2 support. The Lead Service Desk Technician will create and coordinate activities in creating “Playbooks” for each supported system and processes to allow self-assistance in the user community. Additionally, the Lead Service Desk Technician will be responsible for all of the duties described for the Service Desk Technician roles and will be the first responder to issues reported.
- Review, sort, and distribute incoming requests for technical assistance to the Service Desk personnel.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically. Logs all help desk interactions.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Assists other Service Desk Technicians with difficult to resolve issues and advises on appropriate steps.
- Closely monitor ticket queue to provide quality assurance of tickets in progress. Responds to and resolves client inquiries concerning systems operation within established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Administers the service desk call and ticket tracking software.
- Document all end-user requests and interactions in the ticketing system completing all steps as defined.
- Assists Service Desk Manager in creating workflow and procedure documentation and analyzes processes to ensure workflow is updated as needed.
- Assist with other duties or projects, as assigned.
- Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention and redirects problems to appropriate resources.
- Documents resolutions and updates the knowledge base.
- Prepares activity reports.
- Document and manage Product Development issues to resolution
- Stays current with system information changes, and updates.
- Coordinate activities of the service desk and user follow up surveys on problem resolution.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Provide technical account management for customers resolving issues and escalating when appropriate.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve requests utilizing RDP, BigFix Remote Control, VPN Software, etc.
- High level of integrity with a strong work ethic
- Ability to react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through
- Ability to balance priorities and work alone or a team equally well
- Ability to travel to office and data center locations for on-site support, as needed
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good organization and project management skills with attention to details
- Ability to document solutions and train other staff
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university and/or three to five years related experience training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired
- PC hardware troubleshooting and repair experience
- Experience working with any or all of the following: DNS, FTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, LDAP r
- Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office experience
- IP networking and SAN/NAS experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- One Microsoft desktop certification such as MCSE, MCSA, MTA highly desired
- ITIL certification desired
- Defined career path, with development opportunities
- Competitive Pay ranges dependent on experience
- Medical coverage
- Dental/Vision coverage from 1st day of employment
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 20 Paid Time Off Days annually and Thales recognizes 11 national holidays
- Annual Performance Bonus of up to 5% of your base salary
- After 30 days of employment, auto-enrollment in the Thales 401(k), with a 3% employer contribution and a 4% match of what you contribute. The total company contribution can be up to 7% annually, and it’s vested from the first day.
Are you ready to be part of something big? If your skills, experience, and attitude are a match and you are looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.