Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales is a leading multi-domestic electronics and systems group, addressing Defence and Security, Aerospace and Ground Transport markets worldwide. State-of-the-art technologies combined to the expertise of 64,000 employees in 56 countries make Thales a key player in assuring security of people, assets, infrastructures, cities and nations.
- Manage closely on cost schedule and work progress against project plans and report project progress and financial results to Senior Management
- Communicate, liaise and coordinate with contractors, suppliers, other service providers and internal parties to ensure smooth execution of projects with quality standards
- Prepare cost scheduling, work progress monitoring of the project accordance of plan
- Manage Risk and Opportunities
- Control the project and ensure the respect of the stakeholders’ commitments, while mastering risks and opportunities
- Manage project quality and customer and stakeholders overall satisfaction
- Manage legal and contractual requirements
- Conduct regular progress review meetings, reporting the project progress to the company’s senior management
- Update project execution baseline (project structure, work package description, partners and supplier contractual data, management plans, costs, budgets and financial structure, resourced schedule)
- Prepare variation orders with the Bid Manager and the Capture Leader
- Close the project (archiving of documents, closing of the expenditure authorizations) by capitalizing and sharing on enterprise experience
- Degree in Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline
- 10 years or above experience in project management, preferably on Infrastructure systems
- 3 years or above experience in railways or metro signalling projects
- Project planning, cost estimation and budget control, risk and opportunity analysis
- Must have strong organization, time management, communication and people skills, be able to multi-task and ability to work under pressure
- Good negotiation skill & assertive
- Good command of both written and spoken English
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!