In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
Within Naval Systems Engineering in Hengelo, the Customer Documentation team is part of the Supportability Engineering group. The Customer Documentation team is responsible for all technical customer documentation related to our radar systems and Command & Control Systems, that are mainly used in the Naval domain. The team is consistently innovating in areas like state-of-the-art documentation tooling, digital 3D modeling Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality and context sensitive (embedded) documentation. The team currently consists of ten Technical Writers.
To strengthen our team we are looking for an additional:
About the job
As a Technical Writer you develop the technical user documentation for our high-tech products. You collect the technical information, research technical specifications, use the knowledge of specialists from within the entire organization and test the procedures on the actual systems. You write and maintain Operator & Maintenance Manuals, Fault Finding Procedures and System Manuals on a product or project basis. You use 3D CAD models to create the illustrations for the manuals. The Customer Documentation team also contributes to new developments such as animation and video/AR/VR-content.
You are in the possession of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field and you have the following skills/experiences:
- Ability to write accurate, consistent, clear and concise English
- Capable in translating difficult concepts into easy to understand information for our customers.
- Be open to lean to work with XML authoring software and working with a CSDB/CMS
- Strong communication and people skills
- Flexible and open for changes within your profession
- Comfortable with taking the initiative and managing your own time within a project together with other writers
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!