Location: Florida, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our Thales. This Technical Writer can be based at any of our Thales US locations. This contractor position will support a new Government Radar contract. Objectives of this position will include the planning and creation of training and technical data material for Radar equipment as well as supporting the creation, review and editing of related CDRL deliverables to the prime contractor and the FAA.
- Responsible for conducting editing of professional documents for content, format, flow and integrity in conformance with best practices
- Responsible for identifying additional or missing materials required to deliver documentation in accordance with the DID requirements
- Responsible for editing written copy, researching and writing professional documents, including program reports and procedures, technical documentation and training materials
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience or a Master’s degree and 5 years of experience
- Prior experience in development of technical data materials for FAA and/or DoD
- Prior technical publications experience on FAA hardware contracts strongly preferred
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.