Location: Firenze, Italy
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Sesto Fiorentino is the Headquarter of Thales Italia. It hosts two Domains: Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) and Security (SIX). The activity of GTS domain: Security systems, telecommunications, supervision, control & management information and signalling solutions for trains, trams and metros Regarding railway solutions, Thales is the homologated supplier of Rete Ferroviaria Italiana for Axel Counters, Tunnel Security, Energy Saving, SCADA systems and Asset Management. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for tramway signalling solutions. The activity of SIX domain: mission critical solutions and applications for assets and citizens security (supervision, control and information management systems) as well as cybersecurity. Thales offers solutions to protect the information systems and critical data of its civilian and military customers and helps its customers to detect and prevent cyberattacks by devising secure architectures from the design stage, overseeing these architectures and ensures that they are kept in secure working order. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for Airport security and operations management solutions.
He/She will support the operational teams and will also be in charge of the management of all the related tools. He/She will be in charge of requirements and configuration management of complex integrated IT, Telecommunication and Security projects applied to different business domains (Critical Infrastructures, Oil&Gas plants, Airports, Railways, Underground, Tramways, etc.) and of related products.
The job will be enlarged to the overall Engineering processes, practices and tools implementation and support.
The candidate will join an experienced team and will cooperate in order to assure the final objectives and deliverables in line with costs and time constraints.
• Monitoring and Internal Assessment of Engineering Processes, Practices and Tools;
• Support in the definition of Engineering Environment and the development strategy and formalization in the System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP)
• Implementation of the Requirements Management system for projects/products;
• Consistency of information in the requirements management system for projects/products;
• Preparation of the Requirements Management Plan;
• Implementation of the Configuration Management system for projects/products;
• Preparation of the Configuration Management Plan;
• Consistency of information in the configuration management system for projects/products;
• Support for the establishment of reference baselines (CBL, FBL, ABL, PBL);
• Training, support and management of all related tools;
• Support in the implementation of services and tools in the Cloud (i.e. AWS);
• Configuration of virtualized environment for Engineering tools hosting;
• Setting-up and tailored configuration of Engineering tools to be used for projects/products.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Large professional experience (min. 7 years) in requirements and configuration management of complex integrated IT, Telecommunication and Security projects.
• Good knowledge of:
- System Engineering discipline and processes, CMMI principles, Agile & Lean principles and architecting/modelling practices;
- Requirements and Configuration Management processes, practices and standards;
- Networking and telecommunication;
- Data Center Architecture;
- Virtualization and Cloud (VMware, AWS, etc.);
• Proficiency in Italian and English language (written and spoken);
• Good knowledge of the following tools: Requirements Management tools (DOORS, RMsis, etc.), Change/Defect/Task Management tools (i.e. Jira, Clear Quest, etc.), continuous integration tools (Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, etc.), software configuration management tools (GIT, Clear Case, etc.), Product Data Management & Project Lifecycle Management (Windchill), Architecting and Modelling tools (IBM System Architect, IBM Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, Capella, etc.);
• Certifications will be an important element of evaluation.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!