Location: Firenze, Italy
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Sesto Fiorentino is the Headquarter of Thales Italia. It hosts two Domains: Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) and Security (SIX). The activity of GTS domain: Security systems, telecommunications, supervision, control & management information and signalling solutions for trains, trams and metros Regarding railway solutions, Thales is the homologated supplier of Rete Ferroviaria Italiana for Axel Counters, Tunnel Security, Energy Saving, SCADA systems and Asset Management. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for tramway signalling solutions. The activity of SIX domain: mission critical solutions and applications for assets and citizens security (supervision, control and information management systems) as well as cybersecurity. Thales offers solutions to protect the information systems and critical data of its civilian and military customers and helps its customers to detect and prevent cyberattacks by devising secure architectures from the design stage, overseeing these architectures and ensures that they are kept in secure working order. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for Airport security and operations management solutions.
The System Engineer will be responsible for all the technical bid activities ensuring the predefined results on time, within the budget and with the expected level of Quality. He/She will work in close coordination with the System Engineering Team, Product Team, the Bid Manager, Purchasing department and the other members of the bid.
He/She will manage the bid from technical point of view, starting from customer requirements analysis, preparation of technical solution/architecture, evaluation of cost/risk /schedule impact, preparation of technical proposal, presentation and negotiation with the Customer.
• Functionally manage Technical Bid resources and activities.
• Define the technical solution and relevant architecture considering Customer’s requirements and constraints.
• Prepare the technical Review of the proposed solution for internal approval.
• Evaluate costs and risks of the proposed solution taking into account the competitiveness.
• Support the definition of the project schedule
• Collaborate with other functions (i.e Bid Manager, Purchasing) involved in the bid and the other units/country entities (if any) involved in the bid.
• Ensure the submission of tender technical deliverables (technical proposal, compliance matrix etc..) within the defined time, budget and quality constraints.
• Prepare / support negotiation meetings with the Customer.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Masters’ Degree in engineering (Telecommunications, Electronic, IT).
• Min. 8 years’ experience in performing System Engineering management activity (preferably made in Tendering phase) on large system integration projects within different application domains (Railways, Metro, Tramways, Security, etc…).
• Fluency in Italian and English. Knowledge of French or other languages is appreciated.
• Good knowledge of:
- Telecommunication Systems (Gigabit Ethernet Networks, CCTV, PAS, PIS, Radio, Wi-Fi, TETRA,PABX, On Board Systems, SCADA Systems, etc…), and relevant communication protocols;
- Signalling Systems (Interlocking Systems, Traffic Supervision Systems, Train Detection Systems e.g. Track Circuits, Axel Counters, etc…), and relevant communication protocols;
- Requirements and Configuration Management tools (IBM Rational Doors, IBM Clear Case, etc…);
• Good knowledge of the main transportation systems (wayside and on board), relevant operational scenarios and applicable Standards and Regulations.
• Microsoft Office package ( Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project).
• Ability to work under stress and with time restriction within international environment.
• Strong attitude to problem solving.
• Ability to manage Customer and Suppliers relationships as well as to work with teams both internal and external to the Company.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!