Location: Firenze, Italy
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Sesto Fiorentino is the Headquarter of Thales Italia. It hosts two Domains: Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) and Security (SIX). The activity of GTS domain: Security systems, telecommunications, supervision, control & management information and signalling solutions for trains, trams and metros Regarding railway solutions, Thales is the homologated supplier of Rete Ferroviaria Italiana for Axel Counters, Tunnel Security, Energy Saving, SCADA systems and Asset Management. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for tramway signalling solutions. The activity of SIX domain: mission critical solutions and applications for assets and citizens security (supervision, control and information management systems) as well as cybersecurity. Thales offers solutions to protect the information systems and critical data of its civilian and military customers and helps its customers to detect and prevent cyberattacks by devising secure architectures from the design stage, overseeing these architectures and ensures that they are kept in secure working order. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for Airport security and operations management solutions.
The candidate, reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director for Airport Systems within PRS Business Line, will be responsible to develop and grow the business of Airport solutions towards prospect customers, both for Greenfield and Brownfield segments for the assigned region. He/She is requested to be flexible to travel on international business trips whenever it is required to ensure the effectiveness in his duty (around 50%).
His/Her responsibility will span from market analysis, identification of prospects, qualification and development of capture plans on the specific opportunities in most of the cases in coordination with the local team (Sales, KAM, Country Managers).
He/She will lead preparation of the offers supported by the Airport team (bid managers, technical team, product team, PLM, Legal, Finance, Procurement).
This role encompasses also the proposition of strategic options for growth through customer value proposition analysis, as well as identification and development of potential partnerships (industrial and commercial) on both a strategic and tactical standpoint.
In terms of specific activities He/She shall:
- Perform market intelligence analysis, to identify market size, growth areas (in terms of customers and solutions) and business target opportunities.
- Perform and support product marketing activities towards target customers, promoting Thales solutions, products and capabilities, through customer meetings, workshops, participation to events, relationship with specialized consultants
- Identify and build relationships with key stakeholders in the Airport environment, in particular:
Airport operator Operations, Security, IT and Innovation teams
- Airport consultants and engineering companies
- Airport management companies and concessionaires
- Ground Handlers
- Air Navigation Service Providers
- Other airport stakeholders
- EPCs (Engineering Procurement and Construction) companies operating in the Airport segment
- Main industrial partners, such as Airport IT companies
- Build and maintain the pipeline of prospect opportunities and qualify specific commercial opportunities for the above customers.
- Analyze & define technological solutions addressing the customer pain points and define a strong value proposition for each prospect customer, as well as relevant business cases justifying the customer investment.
- Identify potential industrial and commercial partners
- Define and implement commercial strategy for each opportunity and capture the project, also coordinating and coaching the local Thales Sales & Marketing resources
- Take the role of Capture Leader for the preparation of offers supported by the Airport team.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Deep knowledge of the Airport business in terms of:
o Airport processes, operations and economics
o Technological trend for operations, security, passenger management and digital transformation
o Airport projects in both Greenfield and Brownfield
o Key players and competition
- Strong network of relationships with prospect customers, Airport stakeholders and potential partners (TLC operators, IT players, technological providers)
- Professional experience either in Airport / Airline Operations, or in Airport Consulting /
- Background in Engineering companies, or in Sales/Bus Dev roles in Airport Technological providers
- Fluency in Italian and English
In addition He/She shall possess the following skills and attitudes:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Sales & marketing skills, including negotiation skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Orientation to results and entrepreneurship
- Leadership and ability to lead teams
- Innovative and knowledgeable of digital transformation trends
- Ability to work across cultural and organizational boundaries and operate successfully in an intense business environment
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!