Location: Firenze, Italy
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Sesto Fiorentino is the Headquarter of Thales Italia. It hosts two Domains: Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) and Security (SIX). The activity of GTS domain: Security systems, telecommunications, supervision, control & management information and signalling solutions for trains, trams and metros Regarding railway solutions, Thales is the homologated supplier of Rete Ferroviaria Italiana for Axel Counters, Tunnel Security, Energy Saving, SCADA systems and Asset Management. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for tramway signalling solutions. The activity of SIX domain: mission critical solutions and applications for assets and citizens security (supervision, control and information management systems) as well as cybersecurity. Thales offers solutions to protect the information systems and critical data of its civilian and military customers and helps its customers to detect and prevent cyberattacks by devising secure architectures from the design stage, overseeing these architectures and ensures that they are kept in secure working order. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for Airport security and operations management solutions.
In close coordination and under the supervision of the Country Legal & Contracts Director the Legal Counsel shall:
- Ensure that the Group’s rights and reputation in its business interests are properly protected within the concerned Business Lines at country level, providing clear and well drafted agreements; identifying and mitigating contractual risks; providing contract interpretation and ensure that contractual obligations are properly explained and understood by the relevant Company functions in accordance with the Group policies;
- Provide legal support to Business Lines from the opportunity inception till the execution of the relevant agreements in compliance with the applicable bid processes and ensure the relevant follow up in the project phase;
- Contribute to ensure that the Group Integrity Compliance Programme (including Anticorruption, Antitrust and Personal Data Protection) and the necessary action plans are strictly implemented by the concerned Business Lines, in accordance with the Group policies and within the frame of the Country applicable legal requirements;
- Support the Country Legal & Contracts Director in managing the Compliance activities relevant to the implementation of the measures as per D.Lgs 231/01 regulation and support the legal activities within the Surveillance Committee;
- Manage pre-litigation issues and, on a case by case basis, certain litigation issues falling within the perimeter of the concerned Business Lines in close coordination with the Country Legal & Contracts Director, supporting this latter in the management of the external Law firms in accordance with the Group policies;
- Make the appropriate reporting to Country Legal & Contracts Director and cooperate with the L&C team for any governance matter.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Law Master’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an international environment in a similar role
- Expertise in Italian Public Procurement law and in Compliance Regulations
- Fluency in English and Italian.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!